Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 9, 2013

Dear family, friends, and avid blog followers all over the world,

...yeah, so the story about that is that in our last Mission Leadership council, our mission president's wife reminded our blogging missionaries to make sure to be professional in their blogs, because although it is a good way to do missionary work, it can also become a negative influence if we are careless about what we put on it. As she said, "You're now missionaries on a worldwide stage!". So, as such, I would like to give a special shout out to my readers in Botswana, the Vatican City, and Kyrgystan. (psh, so much for "I'll never even look at my international drivers licence!") 

Anyway, this week has been another fun one. I met two people named "Santos". Well, actually, one of them was Dos Santos, and the other was Dos Santos Rodriguez, but hey.

I think the most fun that we had was on Saturday, when our relief society and the missionaries went to sing a christmas program in an old folks home. I was suddenly reminded that I've done something similar once before, in high school with vocal jazz. What reminded me of that was seeing some of our old folks sing along with us. I hope I'm still singing when I'm that old! Afterwards, we were out socializing with old folks, and an older gentleman from St Lucia was talking with Elder Call. The following conversation occurred.
"Where are you from?"
"St Lucia. And where are you from?"
"I'm from America."
"You? And american boy?"
"Yeah!"
"No, you're a liar! You can't be american, you're nice!"
I also was apprached by a very old woman who held my hand and told me that when she's around men, she's young again, so she had to take advantage of the opportunity. I'm not sure if she was 100% there though.

I've got to be more efficient with my email time. Sorry...

I love you though!
-Elder Santos

Pictures.
1-A totally kosher parking job for a service project, by yours truly.
3-The most recent picture that I have of myself. Mom, this one's just for you.

2 got deleted-email was too big.



No comments:

Post a Comment