Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 2, 2013

Décembre dit quoi? December say what?


Can you believe that we're there already? I really quite honestly have no idea what happened to November.

Also, I was just sitting here looking at this screen, and then it hit me what we did this past week-thanksgiving! So, last week, after a frantic last-minute email for recipes, we decided to go for it, pretending that we knew how to cook. Elder Call made garlic mashed potatoes, Elder Miyasaki made fried chicken and cucumber salad, Elder Fraley prepared the ham, and I got to try my hand at cheesecake and broccoli cassarole. Which, I didn't think I would find the ingredients for here, but, magically, we went to the high class grocery store here and were able to find both a sort of cream-of-mushroom soup thing, and genuine ritz crackers. The broccoli cassarole actually wasn't that bad-I almost got the taste right, even if it had a consistency a lot closer to soup than what we're used to (probably because the cream of mushroom stuff was much more liquidy than what I remember, but also potentially because I was supposed to cook it longer or something). The Elders aren't begging me to make it again, but they ate it of their own free will, in any case. Then there was the cheesecake, which actually turned out pretty stinking good. Yes, it was brown on the top, but hey. Maybe I'll come back knowing how to make a couple things.

Other than that...so we had a mini-miracle this week, in that we made it up to 8 days in a row visiting a recent convert or less active member. One of those was especially interesting-we had set a goal to have one the night before, and the one that we had planned quickly fell through. But later that day, as we were driving away from a fallen-through rendez-vous, I took a wrong turn. Well, that wrong turn took us through a roundabout, where we happened to see a less-active young boy that we had tried to get a rendez-vous with the day before. We pulled over to say hi, and he said "actually, if you wanted to see me, I'm available right now!" And so, the streak continued.

Now for your regularly broadcasted random bits of information:

So, fun fact; next week I get to go to Trinidad for a mission leadership conference. That will mean that for each of my four transfers down here, I will have left the country-either to Suriname, Trinidad, or both.

We also restarted reading the Book of Mormon this week, and this time through, I decided to read it in Haitian Creole, which is derived from french. It's basically like playing mad gabs, but in french and with scriptures. m ap palé créole! Or something like that.

I got my international drivers licence from AAA a little while ago. I'm now legal to drive in 150 countries! 

Yep, that's it. 



I love you all so much! My thoughts are with each one of you.

-Elder Santos


Good news about my camera!



No comments:

Post a Comment