Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

June 23, 2014

Guess who!



POWER EMAILS!!!

So a big thank you to Pono and to Brother Caldwell, whose letters I received this past week. I especially liked having the missionary update!

Anyway, let's talk a bit about Slorane, shall we?

For those of you who don't remember, Slorane is the 14 year-old daughter of Karine, who has been supposed to be baptized twice now. Well, recently (although I don't remember if it was before the last two weeks or not), we started teaching Slorane again, because Karine wanted to put her life in order, but she said that she wants her daughter to get baptized first. We talked to Slorane, and explained to her that, yes, she should be baptized, but that she should NOT be baptized if it was not her choice. So we started talking about it, we actually read 2 Nephi 9: 23-24 with her, and she was like "ok, well then I'm going to get baptized this Saturday". Well, we explained that maybe she should be going to church consistently before being baptized. So we decided to have her go to church three Sundays in a row before getting baptized. Which makes baptismal Saturday the 28th of June, this week. So we'll see what happens with that. Since we set this date, she has been power reading her Book of Mormon. Actually, an interesting side note to this story is that, unforunately, Slorane's old boyfriend died very recently, and she has been thinking a lot about that. But, yeah, she's been reading her book of Mormon, marking up the stuff that she likes, coming to church on her own, and, just generally being really cool. So we're working on that! And I feel a lot better about it this time than I ever have in the past.

On the other hand, Karine has been much harder to get a hold of, but she has been showing a real desire to get baptised. In her prayer for us this past week, she prayed "please make it so that I get baptized very soon". So we're working on it!

Also, tahitian day. They did tahitian dance and everything. It wasn't any PCC, but it was still lots of fun. I learned like three cords on the Ukulele, and I decided that I'm going to need a real one when I get home. Double stringed? Plz?

Oh and Mom, as far as the package question goes, I thought about it, and the only thing that comes to mind is that President Mehr has approved two books for our mission- Kimball's "the Miracle of Forgiveness", and Callister's "The Infinite Atonement". I don't know if I have the weight for those things in my suitcases, so if they exist in paperback, that would be cool. If not, I don't really know. Socks? Not tons. I don't know.

Guaaahahh!

Email time always feels like I'm on one of those cooking shows trying to prepare twelve meals in one hour. I'm like "I barely know how to make rice!"

I love you all, and am praying for you.

-Elder Santos




No comments:

Post a Comment