Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Saturday, May 17, 2014

April 14, 2014

"Butt hurt"

Apparently it's a Utah kids thing. Those crazy utons.

Anyway, it came up because I got to go on an exchange this past week in Lamentin. It's a bike area. A very hilly bike area. First time I've been on bikes in three months, and it was rough. But, it was also super cool! We found one woman who was seriously so excited to talk to us. But in general, exchanges are fun because they teach you to be a better missionary.

But yes. I'm thore. Well, it hurth. Henth the title.

Also, Saturday was an interesting day for us. Among other things, we got to attend a baptism, which was inspiring. Visiting one of our member families was exciting too (I secretly love you more if you're in a family with young children). Then, on the way home, we received a call from a recent convert who was having one of those crises of faith that tend to come up. This time, it was someone who I taught before baptism and who I care for very much, so hearing them fret and stew and ask how to have their name taken off of church records was particularly discouraging. Basically, I went to bed feeling disappointed and wondering how much good I had actually done in my mission.

Sunday morning started on about the same note-both of the speakers in our little group called to say that they couldn't come. But then, as church started, a bunch of less-active members who we had visited in the week showed up. I started, finally, to realize all the blessings that the Lord had given me. It's amazing how many prayers are answered by people who are simply trying to do the right thing.

 The best miracle, which came with a big lesson, was later in the afternoon. During coordination meeting, we told our DMB about Karine, who since her baptism fell through, had sort of been avoiding us. He said that it was time to get back in touch with her, and he offered to come with us to knock on her door. Well, that's what we did on Sunday afternoon. She was surprised to see us, and you could tell that everyone was aware that normally you don't just drop in on people like that, but she invited us in. We started talking, and during that lesson, she finally said "you know, I woke up two days ago, and I really just felt something telling me that 'you've got to get baptized, you've got to get baptized!'". We got a return appointment for Wednesday, and she said that she'll tell us what day she wants to get baptized then.

First lesson-listen to your priesthood leaders. I'll be honest, I was a little bit less than enthusiastic when our DMB said "okay, well let's just go to her house!", but we did, and the Lord prepared a miracle for us. When we act in faith within our stewardship, we will find that He will support our righteous desires and actions. Second lesson-O ye of little faith. I wonder how many miracles we walk right by, because we didn't even bother to see if they were there. Faith is, in part, knowing that God is doing his part of the work, and acting in a way that shows it.

Yep! This is our prep week, because next monday we have 24 missionaries flying into Guadeloupe from St Martin, Martinique, and the DR. Wish us luck!

Love,

-Elder Santos




No comments:

Post a Comment