Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 17, 2014

That's all I got...

Dear family,

It has been the longest week that I've had in a long time. And honestly, I have no clue why. Brief run-down of key events.

Tuesday, we woke up early and took Elder Maoni to the airport. We also moved around a bunch of laundry to get a new apartment ready to welcome sisters.

Wednesday, I don't know what we did. Actually, Elder Peterson just reminded me that we went to a baptism for an ex member. Oh, and that we did service for another brother. Like, real, big boy service. We hauled gravel and sand onto his roof.

Thursday, we had a zone meeting! We talked about obedience, and it was suuper cool. My scripture for the week is 1 Nephi 20:18. It's actually a quote from Isaiah, which leads to it reading pretty differently in french than in english. French is cooler:  "18 Oh! si tu étais attentif à mes commandements! Ton bien-être serait comme un fleuve, et ton bonheur comme les flots de la mer." Oh! if you had listened to my commandments! Your well-being as a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea
I add my testimony that obedience is a sure pathway to happiness, like the waves of the sea.

Thursday two new sisters were supposed to fly in to Guadeloupe, but they missed their flight. So...

Friday we went to pick up the sisters. Sister Tenny spent a couple months in france last year on an exchange program, and Sister Riley didn't know that she was going to be speaking french (a language that she has never studied) until she got to Trinidad. So that's pretty cool, right?

Saturday we attended yet another baptism, to which a cool investigator of ours assisted.

Sunday was church. We were supposed to have two talks, and neither of the people showed up (well, one of them did, but only five minutes before the end of sacrament meeting). So that was fun!

I realized that if I use the enter key enough, it seems like I actually wrote a substantial email!

Which is good, because I've gotta go.

I love you all! Pono, félicitations! Sort of... Go home tired! You and Elder Tolman go home the same day, btw.

-Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment