Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 10, 2014

So, I guess I'll just share the story real quick. Saturday was the baptism, but Friday night during a baptismal interview our investigator decided that she didn't want to be baptized the next day. So sorry for the bad promise last week-especially since I just saw that that is going on the ward update (it's what you get for counting your chickens!). But in any case, we're going to keep teaching Fabienne and we'll set a new goal with her and keep moving forward. More to come!

Oh, hello by the way.

So yeah, Pono is right, we are on the same transfer schedule. Happy first day of the transfer! Transfer calls came in, and I will be Elder Tolman's final companion (or, in missionary vocabulary, I will be killing him). We are staying in the Morne-a-l'eau area, no terribly big changes. The big news on the island is that we are officially going to have two sets of sisters on Guadeloupe starting next transfer, and the extra companionship on the island means that there are now 18 missionaries in Guadeloupe-the biggest zone in our mission.

In other news, the senior couple Richmonds is doing really well. We finished up their informal training process this past week, which meant that Sunday was the first entire day that Elder Tolman and I spent in our area since Zone Conference. It was very fun. With so many things to do, our area has been feeling a little neglected recently, so hopefully in the upcoming week we'll get to show it a bit more love. Interestingly enough, missionary work is profoundly satisfying. Just being out and doing the work itself.

Elder Tolman is such a boss.

...I asked him what else I should write about for this week, and that was his only idea. I mean, it's true.

One thought, which came to me as I was preparing a talk for this past Sunday. If the prophet were to stand up today and say that the second coming was going to happen in a week, what would we do? Assuming that we had the faith to believe him, how would we spend that week? What would we do differently than what we do now? And then, the obvious follow up question-why are we not doing those things now? D&C 64:23-25. There are only two days for the Lord-today and tomorrow. Let's live today in a way that, tomorrow, we won't have any regrets.

Oh, and as far as pictures go-I didn't actually take any, but Elder Tolman grabbed my camera earlier today and snapped a few shots of our apartment. Mom, pretty sure you're the only one interested in seeing pictures of empty rooms, but here ya go.




Je vous aime de tout coeur. Rendez votre temoignage plus souvent, et le Seigneur vous rendra le sien; je vous en temoigne. I love you with all my heart. Bear your testimony often, and the Lord will make you his, I witnessed to you.

-Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment