Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Thursday, October 24, 2013

October 21, 2013

Conférence de Zone! Zone Conference!


Cette semaine. C'était bien passé. Je suis comme Pono! This week. It was fine. I'm like Pono.

Well, that's about enough of that.

So Wednesday, we left for Suriname-like the third time that I've done that this transfer. Hah, no joke, President shook my hand and said "You again! You're all over the place!" Which, I guess it's true. Third time that I've seen him in three different countries this month.

Also, I feel like I've mentioned this before, but it struck me again this week that for the first time, I am both the oldest missionary and the most Guianne-experienced missionary down here. It's weird. I mean, I still just got here!

One of the things that we talked about in zone conference was stress management. But then it kinda shifted into a message on "be still, and know that I am God". I got a cool little perspective on that. 

-This world is, currently, the kingdom of Satan. Him and one third of the heavenly host are doing everything that they can to keep it that way. But guess what-we're here. And before the foundations of this world, we were foreordained to come to the earth now, just so that we can kick him out. That's what we're doing! It's incredible!
-God is at the wheel. I mean, what does that actually mean, "omnipotent"? Well, a part of that is that the kingdom is not in trouble. The ark is not tipping. God is going to win, regardless of whether or not we're on his team. We don't need to worry, because nothing that we can do or not do will change that. He just asks us to do our best, knowing that in the end, He's the one that makes the difference.

Aand, just like that I'm out of time.

I love you! Hopefully you'll get a baptism picture or two in November.

-Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment