Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013

No place like home!


Yeah, I'm back. Tuesday, I flew from Trinidad to St. Vincent, to Barbados, to Dominique (which, incidentally, is outside of our mission), to Guadeloupe. Wednesday was from there to Martinique to here. But, I finally made it back, safe and sound.

The big change for this week has been the arrival of Elder Call's new companion, Elder Miyasaki. Do you remember him? We were both in Martinique (in the same apartment) for his first transfer. In any case, he and Elder Call have been kicking butt since he's gotten here, and it's been really fun to be able to see them work.

As for Elder Fraley and I...we laugh way too much. He reminds me quite a bit of a certain Jack Henry. The only thing is that I've been way to lenient on the English front, and so this past week we took the resolution to absolutely abandon English. If we speak in english, than we don't get any nutella for the next meal. We'll see how this works for us...

Aand...other than that...oh! So we went to visit Evita this past week, and when we asked her how her Book of Mormon reading was going, she said "It's going great. I read whenever I get the chance. Today I left off in...2 Nephi 8".
!!!
And that in a week. I'm really very excited about that, because so far in my mission, I have only ever had two investigators read that far into the Book of Mormon. And both of them are now members. Preach My Gospel talks a lot about the converting power of the Book of Mormon, and it really is true. No one can read far into this book without discovering for themselves that it is true. So! We're going to see her again tonight and ask her to be baptized in a couple weeks.

Also, this next week is Zone Conference (again! can you believe that I've already been down here for more than three months?), so we leave Wednesday and come back Friday. Just because that three hour drive to St Laurent hasn't gotten old yet...

Yep, that's all I've got for this week.

Tchimbé red! Take Care!
-Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment