Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 7, 2013


T'as mal où? Google translate tells me this is "You have badly where?"


Hello all my favorite people,
So I hope you all had a fantastic week-I thank you for the time spent to send me little updates. Huh, one fun realization for the week-since I only get news updates every Monday, I tend to pray for the same problem for each of you all throughout the week. I was sitting there one night this week and thought to myself-"I wonder if this is already a moot point?"
But! I pray for you all the same!
Anywho. This week has been good fun, as usual. We have been blessed to be able to do more teaching than usual this week, which makes me a happy camper. One interesting change we've had recently is that for my first three months here, I spent a lot of time working in a sector called "Dillon"-probably just because of convenience, because it's one of the biggest cités in walking difference. If you look at a picture that I've sent home of the view from my balcony, the big buildings right next to the highway are all Dillon. Thing is, since missionaries have been in this apartment forever and have all been looking out the window at those huge buidlings, I'm sure that they've been crawling up and down Dillon for longer than I've been alive. Personally, I've knocked every door in the place. Well, with the turn of the transfer Elder Shepherd and I decided that we were all dillon'd out, and that we wanted to try working more in Fort-de-France itself. So we've been spending a lot more time downtown, and, as a fun little change of pace, we decided to get the unlimited bus pass for the month of may. Now I know that probably doesn't sound too notable to you, but I'm not joking when I say that that is one of the most exciting things that's happened to me. Up until now, we've been walking everywhere, and have been a little bit limited in our ability to se déplacer. move So hopefully this lets us break into new areas where hopefully people haven't already seen the missionaries for 30 years.
Besides that-I've been meaning to talk about the weather for a while now-so a while back, we were in Carem (ask a catholic), when it is apparently traditionally hotter than usual in Martinique. Then, in mid-april, things started to change a little bit. You know how back home we talk about "April showers"? Well, turns out in Martinique, they don't mess around. Seriously some of the hardest rain I have ever seen-and that when we happened to be walking around. The worst I've gotten so far has been the water up to mid-thigh, so I'm told that's relatively not so bad. But man, there was not an inch of my body that was not thoroughly drenched. I've been wearing my contacts a lot more as well, because when it starts raining hard, I can't see squat through my glasses. But then that got old apparently, because this past week it has been like 35 every day. I have know idea what that is in 'merican temperature, but I can tell you that it's stinking hot. But hey, life goes on. I can tell you one thing though, I'm going to be such a wimp coming home and starting school in a provo winter.

Soo...yesterday google locked down my account while I was writing. But hey, you guys get what I had already written.

Also real quick-I will be calling...someone...I don't know who yet...at 6pm sunday evening. I will try starting a google+ chat with someone-probably JJ? I'm thinking I'm going to google from the david santos google+ account. So...look for that!

Picture!



Kisses,
-Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment