Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 6, 2014

By special request...

I'm going to do a big group email this week. I really do apologize for how bad I've gotten at that. It's just that these are the ones that take the most motivation, and sometimes the flesh is weak.
Conference was awsome. It really is incredible, but somehow ten hours goes by so much faster when you're a missionary. Like really, Sunday evening rolls around and I'm like "Whoo! Who's up for round two?!"
This is also one of the first times when I've been able to string together a definite theme throughout all the sessions (I'm sure it's been there before, but I haven't been as good at paying attention). I feel like if God wants us to know anything right now, it is that this is His church, and it is lead by His prophet. We need to have more confidence in that, and in what that means. So yes, ask your sincere questions and earnestly seek for the answer, but keep in mind that the only answers that are worth anything are the ones that come from on high. In the meantime, do not disregard what you do know because of what you don't know. Keep calm, and carry on (We are in a war, after all).
So my special applications of these lessons have been in an increased support for local church leadership and an increased determination to receive revelation to answer my questions. Aaah it's just so good. Is it April yet?
Other than that, exciting news includes the story of Fabien and Julie, who are respectively the grandson and the granddaughter-in-law of Sister Pierrette in our area. Basically, they both have known the church for a long time now, but in the past month have decided to come back to church, and have been doing so pretty consistently. They were present for all four general sessions of conference. They are great, and have two adorable little girls. One of them doesn't talk much yet (coming up on seven months), but the other one and I are best friends. We haven't gotten to see them very much because of scheduling difficulties and sickness, but we're making slow and steady progress.
Oh and guess what? I ate spam musubi this past week! Elder Miyasaki (hawaiian) got the makings in a package from home, and when he got transferred he gave it to Sister Gill (hawaiian), since she was the only other one who knew what to do with it. Well, she made it right before conference and gave one to Elder Santos (hawaiian) because I'm hawaiian. Thank you, family Miyasaki and Sister Gill! It was delicious.

Picture is of the third chute de carbet. Looking at the camera for you, momma.
I love you all!
-Elder Santos


We went to La Soufrière this morning



1 comment: