Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 4, 2014

...ow...

Now, I'm not sure, because I don't have those emails from a year ago in reach right now, but I would feel pretty confident in betting that a lot of the things that I'm going to say in this email will mirror what I said in my first emails from Guadeloupe-back in June of last year.

So, the basic gist of it is that I've been four full days on bikes now (including a full day fast), and everything hurts. Neck, from craning up to see the road in front of me, shoulders, from holding myself up as I lean forward all day, lungs, because they're not used to having such a big order to fill, back, from the angle that I'm at when I'm sitting down on the bike, butt, for reasons that will be obvious to anyone that has ridden a bike before, knees, from bending more times than they have in the past year collectively, and calves, from having to push all day long. No joke, it's all sore.

But, I'm actually doing pretty well!

Elder Broadbent and I are having tons of fun. He's from Socal, very politically opinionated, and also very intelligent. We just have fun all day long. When I finish panting, that is.

The most exciting thing going on here is that we're teaching a member referral from our Elders's Quorum President, who is going to be baptized on the sixteenth of this month. Jean-Yves is super cool, and yesterday (while we were fasting together) during the sunday school lesson on the sabbath day, he shared a story about how his boss had insisted that he come to church that day, and that he had told him "no, I'm going to church". We're going to do a FHE with him tonight. Pray for us!

I also want to quickly thank everyone for their love and support, advice, encouragement, patience, and prayers. I'm not going to have the time to thank all of you individually right now, but know that you are amazing, and I'm so grateful to have you.

I love you all! A bientôt,

-Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment