Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 22, 2013

Well, I've got so little time that I considered skipping it...


...but I've got more than ten minutes, so I guess I don't have any excuse.

Bonjour à tous,

So this week. Monday and Tuesday I forget. Wednesday, I left for Guianne! The first thing that I noticed is that not everyone is black. And it's weird. Lots of Brazilians, Peruvians, Colombians, and other south americans. They're all disappointed that I don't speak Spanish or Portugese. Like, every single one.

But the good news is that, so far, it's not nearly as hot or as mosquito-y as people told me that it is. Thank you, Heavenly Father. So yeah, it's great. A little bit about the church here-we have a building! Which means that in my past two areas I have been in the only two buildings french side in our mission. Momma says that there are about 300 people there (not sure how she figured that out). Sunday we weren't quite so numerous-42 people. The branch president is brazilian, has been baptized for 10 years, and has been a branch president for 5 of those. In fact, in this branch we're not even attached to a district-we're just part of the West Indies Mission. A while back we apparently had a district of 3 branches in Guianne alone, but things have, unfortunately, been going in the wrong direction. Good news! My area baptized someone last Sunday! Bad news, she was sick this sunday and couldn't come to church to get confirmed...but hey, I'll keep you posted.
So yeah, the church here is definitely smaller, less formed than the others that I've served in, but there's nothing wrong with having more room to grow.

I don't know what else to say.

Oh! Happy Birthday to me! Hah, transfer days are always crazy. I made it through the entire day without hearing "Joyeux Anniversaire" in either language. But I know all of you were there, in any case! Thank you for the wishes. Love to all. Especially my faithful facebook well-wishers. You're the best. See you in a year!

Yeah, that's it. Good luck with the baby, Pono! Don't break her!

Love,
-Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment