Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 2, 2013

I don't even have an excuse this time.

No holiday or anything. But I also only have 20 minutes left, so we won't dwell on that.

Hey family!
I want to start out by saying thank you for your emails and letters and packages. The last one I haven't gotten yet, but I'll let you know when it shows up.

This week-and-a-day has been fun. Honestly I'm having trouble trying to decide what to write here. Like this is my fourth try at this paragraph, which means that this email is probably going to be pretty short.

Last night we had a family home evening with the family Félicité (Our elders quorum president and wife) and the family Afway (an investigator family-mom, dad, and three kids). We started out teaching mostly Dominique (the wife), but Boris has also taken a big interest recently (in fact, he says that the difference for him came when we gave a priesthood blessing to Dominique). In any case, the point of the FHE was to be able to teach them how to do family home evenings themselves, so that they could continue to do it in the future. We talked about the need of unity in the family, and in general did a lot of things that made me think of all of you. I want to say that I have learned something recently-I really am blessed to have grown up in our family. "Is little, and broken, but still good". I've been here, talking to a crazy amount of people, and what I've learned is that the family is basically on the point of being nonexistent right now. Dominique and Boris are actually married, but believe me when I say that it is very very rare to find such a family. Lots of spirits are coming into the world in situations a lot worse off than mine. I want to thank you all for your examples and your love, and tell you that we really are blessed.

Also, since a couple people have asked; what is the difference between Martinique and Guadeloupe? Well, for the most part, I could still be on the same island. Like, if there hadn't been that little airplane trip to tip me off in the middle there, I probably wouldn't have been any the wiser. I guess there are a few food things that are slightly different (we have something called the bokit on Gwada), and the creole is different, but other than that, it really is almost exactly the same. The people, the climate, everything.

Really quick-did I remember to ask for a frisbee for my birthday? And/or did anyone read my mind and stick it in a box? If so, you're the best! I'll think about you every single p-day. If not, pas grave. Christmas will be here before you know it!

Anyway, I love you! Please. Please please please, for Pono and I, be best friends with your missionaries. Sometimes they just need a little love.
à plus,
-Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment