Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

August 31, 2014

Ok, so the bikes aren't that bad anymore.

But on an unfortunate side note, Elder Broadbent totally took a dive this week. We were going to a rendez-vous in the evening, and we had to go down a slight hill to get there. Easy grass slope, right? But no, he decides to go for the cement stairs. Quote from right before he started "Get on the train!" He then started to bunny hop down the stairs, and actually got all the way to the last step before losing control and flying, superman style, over his handlebars. It's okay, he broke his fall with his chin.

No, but he's fine. His bike, less so. It landed on the derailer, and he now can only go between second and fourth gear. He still passes me sometimes.

The moral of the story this week, though, is that the only real missionary work happens around members.

Oh! If I may be so bold, I'm actually going to request that this part be chosen for the missionary update.

Dear members of the Pine Lake Ward (back in my day we called it Issy-two),
Salutations! I wanted to write to tell you how incredibly indispensable you are in missionary work. This week, again, a person who we were teaching told us that "If it weren't for [member friend], I never would have agreed to meet with you!" This same person came to church this week and is incredibly excited to read the Book of Mormon. The fact of the matter is that even the elect will not receive the truth if it is not presented in the right way. Because, let's be honest, what would you do if two strangers came and yelled at your house while you were eating lunch, telling you to change your beliefs and your life? So, I testify to you that you know people, right now, who will receive eternal life because you had the faith to invite them. The Lord has already hastened His work; I pray that we will hasten ours. 

I don't know what the word count is for this thing, so hopefully that will work. If not, well, I dunno.

Yeah, I'll tell you more about that one another time. But I love you! Transfer calls this week!

-Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment