Elder Santos

Elder Santos

Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013


Out of time...



So on one hand, thank you for everyone who emailed this week! I love hearing from each of you and am very grateful that you thought of me. That said, this email is going to be extrêmement court (yay for random french phrases).

Bonjour à tous,

This week has admittedly been slower than I would have liked. That said, it has been a great testimony-building experience.
One thing that really got punched home for me this week has been the fact that God answers our prayers, and that he is waiting to bless us. Last Friday was a pretty frustrating day. I was on an exchange with Elder Porterfield, and we were going all over the place, trying to, as PMG says, find someone who was willing to recieve us. We ended up actually making contact with six people who we had wanted to have lessons with that day, but each of them was able to talk to us for two minutes, but ultimately unable to see us for a lesson. Basically it was a lot of sweating, but very little measurable progress. That night I prayed out my frustration, telling my Heavenly Father what a rough day it had been, and asking for help. The response to that prayer didn't change the fact that the day had been so frustrating and fruitless, but it did change me. I recieved a peace which allowed me to get over it. To put my load on the Lord so that I could focus on the work for me. Don't get me wrong, it gave me the motivation to do the best to never have a day like that again. But for now, I am very grateful for the little miracle that testified to me that God cares about us on our bad days, too.

LITTLE THINGS: I don't know how many times music has been my little thing, but whatever it is, add one to the count. With Elder Shepherd, we've been doing a lot of singing at the door, in lessons, or wherever. My favorite part is that Elder Shepherd is able to hold the melody line while I sing something else (something that is more rare than you might thing here). That, in and of itself, is a little blessing for me, and for the chance to sing again, I am very grateful.

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT: For starters, I just want to say that I strongly encourage la lecture of D&C 6 to everyone. It's full of great council and motivation from a pretty good source. But I read and wanted to share this week verse 10. "Behold thou hast a gift, and blessed art thou because of thy gift. Remember it is sacred and cometh from above"
Pretty simple stuff, really. But it touched me in its application in the lives of each of us. As a missionary, this is important because it's really easy for us to ask ourselves why in the world we are here. What God expects of us, what is special about this place that wants Him want us to be here right now, or if we're just being dumped off here as a sort of placeholder. But regardless of your situation, know that you have a gift which comes from God. It is a blessing from above. Do not doubt that which God has given to you-use it to the best of your ability and God will do the rest. Your gift is sacred. You are sacred, and don't you ever forget it.

Sorry, that's really all you get this week. I'll be better next time!

The photo is me, my DMB, and his wife. Pono needs to teach me to be less asian, because my eyes disappeared.

Love you all!

Elder Santos


No comments:

Post a Comment